Mount Vernon Mayor Matt Starr shared updates on the City with The Morning Thing on Friday, 4/28/23.
Click HERE to hear the full conversation.
- A discussion about current construction and maintenance projects including a project to deal with storm water issues.
- An update on city parks and the grounds maintenance.
- Discussion on the 2023 cleanup that is coming soon in Mount Vernon
- An update on the recommendation for senior housing from the Mount Vernon Planning Commission.
- Information about the proposed plans for a housing development on Vernonview Drive, as housing is a huge need in the community.
- Details on the opening day of Hiawatha Water Park. It will open on May 27th.
- Updates from Mount Vernon City Council, including Mayor Starr’s thoughts on the legislation that passed on Monday for annexation in the city.
- Discussion on what actions have been taken to improve the condition of Mount Vernon’s 12 ball fields.
- Update on the City’s Police Department, including Mayor Starr’s thoughts on hiring a second community advocate.
- An update from the Mount Vernon Fire Department.
- Discussion on Mount Vernon’s adoption of residential ADA forms and how the forms benefit both citizens and first responders.
- Mayor Matt Starr shares his goals for April, including:
- Cleaning up the streets
- Dealing with storm damage
- Improving utility infrastructure
- Mayor Starr shares about the events happening in the city in May, including the Mount Vernon Memorial Day Parade, which WNZR’s very own Joe Rinehart will MC!
- Mayor Starr tells us how we can pray for his team as they head into the month of May.
- Residents can stay connected to the City of Mount Vernon on their brand new YouTube page, The City of Mount Vernon. Public city meetings will be livestreamed and archived on this page. Citizens can still check the City’s website and Facebook.
To stay in touch with the City, go to:
- Website – http://www.mountvernonohio.org
- Facebook – The City of Mount Vernon
- Twitter – CityMV1805
- YouTube – The City of Mount Vernon
Leave a Reply