Mount Vernon Mayor Matt Starr shared updates on the City with The Morning Thing on Friday, 2/24/23.
Click HERE to hear the full conversation.
- An update on current construction and maintenance projects including a project to deal with stormwater issues.
- Discussion about the City’s Gas Aggregation program
- Update on how the city has been recovering from the cyber-attack that occurred during the holidays.
- Discussion on the new city-wide transportation plan and how it will help in our process for applying for grants.
- Update on the City’s new contract for IT services with the Knox County Commissioners.
- Updates from the Mount Vernon Water and Wastewater Department, including the increase in water rates coming March 1st.
- Discussion on the changes coming to the Hiawatha Water Park and Pool for this upcoming season.
- Updates from Mount Vernon City Council:
- Approved budgets for 2023
- Contract approvals for design services for the Dan Emmett Neighborhood Block Grant Project
- Approval to purchase new dump trucks
- Update on the City’s Police Department, including the lateral transfers happening, and good news on how their PAK United community outreach helped them to receive the 2022 Excellence in Community Engagement award.
- Update from the Fire Department including how they were able to secure a safer grant (securing adequate fire and emergency response) of over a million dollars!
- Mayor Matt Starr shares his goals for March.
- He wants to finish the parking garage project
- He continues to host State of the City addresses to groups that are interested in hearing from him.
- Mayor Starr shared his thoughts about our growth in Mount Vernon and Central Ohio and how we need to plan for it.
- Mayor Starr asks that we pray that his team has clarity of thought and respectful understanding as we face the growth in our community.
- Residents can stay connected to the City of Mount Vernon on their brand new YouTube page, The City of Mount Vernon. Public city meetings will be live-streamed and archived on this page. Citizens can still check the City’s website and Facebook.
To stay in touch with the City, go to:
- Website – http://www.mountvernonohio.org
- Facebook – The City of Mount Vernon
- Twitter – CityMV1805
- YouTube – The City of Mount Vernon
Leave a Reply