Mount Vernon Mayor Matt Starr shared updates on the City with The Morning Thing on Friday, 9/30/22.
Click HERE to hear the full conversation.
- An update on construction projects that are being worked on right now in our city:
- Brick Street Repair
- Clintonville Area – Grange, Pearl and Fearn
- Municipal Parking Garage
- Curb and Gutter Program for a winter construction project
- Columbia Gas project to replace pipelines on the West side of the City
- AEP’s project to install new transmission lines
- Mayor Matt Starr shares an update on the City’s activities with lime sludge and the requirements from the EPA.
- Mayor Matt Starr shares an update on meeting with the Knox County Realtors Association. He focused on the MS4 program – Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System. This presentation fulfilled a requirement from the Ohio EPA.
- Mayor Matt Starr shares an update from City Council including:
- 24 pieces of legislation were given a reading or passed
- Storm Sewer System for Stump and Northview Streets
- Mansfield Avenue project for a waterline and storm waterline
- Sidewalk project in the Dan Emmett Elementary school area
- City Water Treatment Plant
- Appointments to Volunteer Boards and Commissions
- Mayor Matt Starr gives us an update from the Mount Vernon Police Department including the creation of a Traffic Patrol.
- Mayor Matt Starr shares an update from the Fire Department including the good news of the department receiving 2 grants from FEMA. The first grant will fund the purchase of an exhaust removal system and a new fire hose for the station. The second grant will fully fund 3 additional firefighters for the next 3 years.
- Mayor Matt Starr talks about his Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council.
- Mayor Matt Starr tells us about the presentation of the 2022 Knox County Outstanding Senior Citizen Award.
- Mayor Matt Starr shares his thoughts about the visit of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine to the Knox County Career Center this week.
- Mayor Matt Starr shares the events coming to the City of Mount Vernon in October.
- Mayor Matt Starr shares his top goals for the City in October.
- Budget Process and prioritize projects for each department
- 5 areas of priority: police protection, Fire and EMS Protection, Utility Infrastructure, Transportation Infrastructure and Economic Development
- Mayor Matt Starr shares how to stay connected to his office and what is happening at Mount Vernon City Hall. He also shares how to pray for him and his team in October.
To stay in touch with the City, go to:
- Website – http://www.mountvernonohio.org
- Facebook – The City of Mount Vernon
- Twitter – CityMV1805
Leave a Reply