WNZR’s Todd McKinley talked with Carrie Hyman, Executive Director of Main Street Mount Vernon. Carrie shared all the details about the NEW Mount Vernon Christmas Festival.
Click HERE to hear their conversation.
Go to www.mainstreetmountvernon.com for a complete schedule of events.
Main Street Mount Vernon has announced the 2019 Christmas Festival theme “Christmas in the Movies.” The festival is set to take place downtown the first weekend in December.
Festivities downtown kick off with Lights & Carols at 7:00 P.M. on Friday, December 6. Santa arrives in style with a ride from Knox Motor Group. He starts the festivities by lighting the tree on the Public Square. After this, local musical groups will lead a Christmas Music sing along. Many talented groups have signed up to participate, but there is room for more! Additionally, if you would like to light a luminery submit this form here
Saturday, December 7 from 10:00 A.M.- 6:00 P.M. The Christmas Showcase will provide various forms of Christmas themed entertainment for the whole family to enjoy! Check out downtown to join in and spread some Christmas cheer! Here is a list of events and happenings in downtown with much more to come:
– Santa in his house on the Public Square for pictures -each kid gets a free gift!
– Mrs. Claus’s workshop with letter writing and cookie decorating with Christmas Movies upstairs at the
Williams Flower Shop ballroom
– Old- Fashioned carousel on W. Vine Street
– Rex the balloon sculptor
– In shop music of local music groups at The Woodward Opera House, Herald’s Appliances & Electronics,
The Markery, Main Street Makers’ Market, and Happy Bean
– Jingle Bell Marketplace at Knox County Memorial Building (Wanna participate? There’s still room! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
– Petting zoo
– Secret Santa shop meant for kids shopping for their families at the Mount Vernon Grand Hotel
– Knox County Landmarks Foundation Christmas tree decorating contest and auction at the Mount Vernon Grand Hotel
– Pony rides
– Live nativity by Millwood Church of Christ
– Roving carolers brought to you by the Mount Vernon Players
– Window display contest of local shops
On Sunday the parade begins at 2:30 PM. The theme is “Christmas in the Movies” and will include prize categories as in previous years. The parade route will come up South Main Street, around the square, and continue up North Main Street ending at the Living Center. Many local restaurants will be open for refreshments before and after the parade. If you are interested in participating in the parade, click here to participate!
2019 Parade Sponsors:
- Best Animal Entry – McDaniel CPA
- Best Antique Implement Entry – Jack Moser Law
- Best Auto After 1961 Entry – CES Credit Union
- Best Auto Before 1961 Entry – CES Credit Union
- Best Business Entry – Williams Flower Shop
- Best Club & Service Organization (Adult) – SBC Hospitality
- Best Club & Service Organization (Youth) – WNZR/Mount Vernon Nazarene University
- Best Emergency Vehicle – Jack Moser Law
- Best Equestrian Entry – M&M Trucking
- Best Horse Drawn Entry – DNA Investigations
- Best Humorous Entry – MVNU Athletics
- Best Miniature Horse Entry – WNZR
- Best Pony Entry – The Ruckman Group
- Best Religious Entry – The Ruckman Group
- Best School Entry – SBC Hospitality/MVNU Athletics
- Best Walking Entry – Masonic Lodge – Mt. Zion #9
- Best Youth Entry – Knox Community Hospital
- Best Senior Entry – M&M Trucking
- Best Parade Theme Entry – First-Knox National Bank
- Best Overall Entry – First-Knox National Bank
Leave a Reply