Welcome to 2023!
If you are like us, you are looking for more balance in your life in the new year.
On Monday, we shared 10 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy Life More from Ramsey Solutions.
Great tips as we look for a good start to the new year.
Click HERE to see the full article.
When you prioritize slowing down, you can:
- Focus on what’s truly important in life. When you live a busy and distracted life, you lose sight of the people and things that matter most to you. Slowing down allows you to set your priorities and stick to them.
- Stay healthy—physically and mentally. Over-the-top busyness leads to stress, and chronic stress will wear down your mental and physical health. Psychologists and doctors call this unofficial condition hurry sickness, a form of anxiety fueled by constantly trying to squeeze just one more thing into our already packed schedules. Yeah, let’s avoid that.
- Be more productive. This sounds backward, but rest is crucial for productivity. No, really. When you rush and hurry through your work, you’re more likely to make mistakes, and that forces you to go back and redo things you could’ve just gotten right the first time. Going slow and enjoying the moment allows you to bring your best energy and mental focus to your work.
Here’s the deal: If you don’t slow down, you’ll miss out on a ton.
How to Slow Down
Here are a few practical ways to slow down.
1. Pay attention to what gets your attention.
2. Be present.
3. Put the cell phone away.
4. Focus on the people in front of you.
5. Drive the speed limit.
6. Accept your limitations.
7. Make time to have fun.
8. Practice silence.
10. Add these books to your reading list.
Books are powerful! Here are a few that can teach you some more strategies for slowing down your life:
- Boundaries by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
- Redefining Anxiety by Dr. John Delony
- Take Back Your Time: The Guilt-Free Guide to Life Balance by Christy Wright
You can even start reading Take Back Your Time for free! In it, Christy Wright gives you a step-by-step plan to say yes more often to what matters, stop feeling so overwhelmed, and start slowing down.
Slowing down isn’t easy, but it is possible. If you commit to following these 10 steps, you’ll start seeing a change in the pace of your life. And if you keep at it for long enough, your life will slow down and you’ll enjoy it more. Think of how much peace that would bring!
Leave a Reply