This morning we talked about the Power of Prayer and how to talk to God. A big thank you to Christianity.com for there awesome article.
Talking to God
- Prayer is not just the words you utter or even how you pray but more about the act of worship that is constantly glorifying God.
- When we live a life of prayer we are communicating with the source and the purpose of our existence.
God Is All Powerful
- Luke 1:37 states, “The Lord God Almighty can do all things; there is nothing impossible for him.”
God Asks Us to Pray
- God invites, encourages and wants us to constantly talk to him. James 1:5 talks about how we are to come to Him in faith. Luke 18:1 talks about coming to Him with persistence and Philippians 4:6 explains how you should come to Him with thanksgiving.
He Answers Our Prayers
- Psalm 17:6 says “I call on you, O God, for you will answer me.”
- When we ask God to give us a love for our neighbors, he does. When we ask for patience, he begins to tend to our heart, uprooting areas of impatience and then provides opportunity to practice patience.
Power of Prayer and How Do I Tap In?
- It is not just about the person praying and there is no magic formula. Praying is about an open heart that is filled with awe about our almighty God.
- 1 John 5:14 – 15 states, “This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us – whatever we ask – we know that we have what we asked of him.”
Click HERE for more about the Power of Prayer.
Leave a Reply