It’s the Day after Easter. There is no better time to refresh your devotional and prayer time.
We found some wonderful tips of encouragement from Tamara Collins – author and speaker.
She shared 7 Ideas to Refresh your routine with Jesus on mylifetree.com
Check out these wonderful tips. Click HERE to read the full article.
- Sit in a different place. Try getting outside, sit in a different room, or just in a different chair. This may give you a whole new outlook as you read Scripture or pray.
- Take a walk! Thank God for the different things you see that He created (flowers, clouds, rocks, birds, etc.).
- Listen to worship music. Many of the lyrics to Christian worship songs come straight from Scripture. As you worship, listen to attributes of God, or the mention of new identity you have because you are a child of God.
- Use a journal. Write out a prayer instead of praying silently. Or make an A to Z list of things you’re thankful for, or characteristics of God, or promises that God gives us in the Bible. Make your list in one sitting or work on it for a longer period of time.
- Pray out loud. If you’re used to using a journal for prayer, take a break. Pray out loud–standing up, sitting down, or kneeling. Walk through your home praying for the different members of your family or different needs you have based on the room you’re standing in.
- Grab a book that challenges you in a spiritual area you need to grow in. If you can, highlight or underline in the book as things stick out to you. Look up Scripture references that are mentioned so you read the Bible.
- When it doubt- open up the Bible. Don’t worry about using a book or devotional–simply open the Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to open your heart to what you read. Read a Psalm or Proverb corresponding to the day’s date (ex. read Proverbs 14 on the 14th of the month). If you’re most familiar with the New Testament, then trying reading through an Old Testament book like Joshua or Esther. Or read through John in the New Testament, specifically focusing on the claims Jesus made about who He was.
Leave a Reply