Today on the Morning Thing we celebrated Christmas!
We told you all about Christmas In July, Interchurch Social Services’ annual collection of food and funds to benefit Knox County. You can find out everything you need to know about tomorrow’s collection, including needed items and collection points over here.
Our Morning Thing Fave 5 this week was our favorite Bible verses about giving.
- Proverbs 3:27 – “Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
when it is in your power to act.”
- Luke 6:30 – “Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.”
- Matthew 25:35-40 – “35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’”
- Hebrews 13:16 – “And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.”
- Proverbs 22:9 – “The generous will themselves be blessed,
for they share their food with the poor.”
Have a great weekend!
-Jess and Aubrey